Many New Jersey residents face traffic penalties and other surcharges from time to time. But, it is difficult to appear in court for each such penalty. NJMCDirect is an online option for them to pay the penalties without appearing in court.
Here is how you can pay all NJ surcharges and New Jersey parking tickets online. NJMCdirect.Com is the official website to pay all traffic challans in NJ.
What is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is a website that you can visit online at www.njmcdirect.com. The New Jersey Municipal Cooperation owns this NJMCDIRECT website. You can avoid a court visit and pay your traffic tickets and surcharges online by visiting this website. Moreover, you can find out all information about your unpaid parking and traffic tickets as well. This service is a quick and secure option.
If you plan to make the traffic ticket payments online, you will have to pay a 3% service fee. For most people, this accounts for an almost negligible amount considering the ease of the online NJ traffic ticket payment system.
The website NJMCDirect is not operational 24/7, so you should be well aware of the active hours. You can only avail of this ticket payment service during these active hours. But, if you only wish to check the outstanding traffic tickets, you can check anytime. Please look at the schedule below to know more:
- Monday to Thursday: 4:30 AM to 11:15 PM
- Friday: 4:30 AM to 10:15 PM
- Saturday: 4:30 AM to 3:15 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM to 11:15 PM
To pay for the ticket, you can either of the following:
- Credit or debit cards such as Discover, Visa, or MasterCard.
- Other payment methods as shown on the website.
Steps to Pay NJ Traffic Ticket Online
The Online system of NJ Traffic System is straightforward and simple to use. Go through the following steps to pay for your tickets;
Step 1: Open your favorite browsers such as Google Chrome or any other and go to the official website of NJMC, which is www.njmcdirect.com.
Step 2: Now, select the option ‘Traffic Ticket’ on the page that opens in front of you.
Step 3: Next, enter your Court ID, Prefix, Ticket number, and license plate number and click on the button ‘search.’
Step 4: Now click the ‘continue’ button. A new page will open up with two options visible. The first is ‘View NJMCDirect Ticket,’ and the second option is ‘Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment.’ Now you must select whichever option you want. To only view your ticket, click on the first one but click on the second one to pay the ticket.
Step 5: Once you click on the second option, a new webpage will open up. You can enter your card number (Visa card, Master card) and other required details on this page. Click on the ‘continue’ button to pay for your NJ Traffic Ticket payment online.
Step 6: A receipt will be available. Print the receipt for record-keeping.
NJMCDIRECT FIND TRAFFIC TICKET
If you are unaware of your New Jersey traffic ticket number, visit the NJ Municipal Court Case Search website and search for your ticket number. To do this, you can either search by name, search by driver’s license number, search by ticket number or search by complaint number. The website will ask you to enter a captcha and show the results.
Which Traffic Ticket payments are not possible online?
The website of NJMC allows you to pay for your parking tickets as well as traffic tickets. But there are a few exceptions, and you are still required to present before the court.
- If the police officer orders you to appear before the court when charging a ticket, you can’t pay that ticket online.
- If a warrant comes with a traffic ticket, then you can’t pay it online.
The NJSVS ( New Jersey Surcharge Violation System) fines you when your traffic violations exceed the allowed limit. When you commit particular offenses, for example, you drove while drunk or drove when suspended, you pay the fine. Find more about NJ Surcharge here.
These surcharges are extra to court fines and other traffic penalties.
How is NJ Surcharge calculated?
The law predefines the surcharges in fixed amounts for each type of traffic violation.
- A $150 fine for 6 + points on driving record.
- A $25 fine for each extra point above 6.
- A $100 fine for no license
- A $300 fine for an expired license.
- A $250 fine for a suspended license
- A $250 for the uninsured vehicle.
- A $46 for not wearing a seat belt
There are other surcharges, and you can find full details here: https://www.state.nj.us/mvc/license/surcharge.htm.
How can I pay NJ Surcharges Online?
You can pay the NJ Surcharges in different ways. You can choose whatever option suits you best.
- Pay surcharge amount via card
- Pay via E-checks
- Pay via Telephone 844-424-6829
- Pay via cash in any Western Union shop.
- Pay through money order on the address: NJSVS, P.O. Box 1502, Moorestown, NJ 08057-9704
Making NJ Surcharge for Late Payment of Traffic Ticket
- If you fail to pay the NJ traffic ticket on time, you will be charged late fees.
- If you can pay for the ticket after four months from the appearance date: ⅓ of the cost.
- After four to four and a half months: ½ of the cost.
- After five to five and a half months: 2/3 of the cost
- After six months to one year: 1/3 of the cost
- After one year: 1/2 of the cost
- After 1 ½ years: 3/4 of the cost
- After 2 years: 2/3 of the cost