Enjoy the power and freedom of our all new OpenOSX Office suite. With the ease of a drag and drop installation, in just minutes experience:
What exactly is OpenOSX Office?
With great pride and care, OpenOSX has hand-built and customized the powerful open source “GNOME Office” for Mac OS X, delivering complete Mac OS X integration, now for the first time contained in a complete single stand-alone application. In addition, Office 2.0 brings many new features including: native for both Intel and PowerPC Macs, adds Gnucash for easy money management, replaced SodiPodi with the feature-rich Inkscape vector graphics application, added database support to Gnumeric and much more.
GNOME is a popular free desktop environment included with many distributions of Linux including RedHat. Mac OS X, having its own desktop environment, does not provide the exhaustive set of support libraries required to run GNOME Office, so with great care and pride, we have built them native for both Intel and PowerPC Macintosh computers.
In the process we have married the GNOME environment with Mac OS X offering native functionality including: preferred web browser support, Print Center support, linkable files and our exclusive “OpenOSX Office” Cocoa application that enables system-wide recognition of supported file types, including most Microsoft® Word and Excel documents. This allows any of the many supported file types to be opened in the appropriate software by double-clicking or dragging files to the “OpenOSX Office” icon.
To our knowledge there simply is not a faster or easier way possible to get similar functionality installed in Mac OS X. In the same time it takes to copy a few hundred megabytes (MB) to your hard disk, you can be running this immensely powerful suite, complete with our exclusive “OpenOSX Office” application.
There are other ways to get “Gnome Office” working on your Mac, but if time is money, or if quality is a concern, look no further and accept nothing less than our “OpenOSX Office” solution. Seasoned system administrators and computer novices alike value the ease and peace of mind that our streamlined application offers.
Application Features at a glance:
- AbiWord 2.4.6
- Gnumeric 1.7.11
- Inkscape 0.45
- Create/edit Word, WordPerfect, XHTML, RTF, etc. documents Create/edit Excel, Lotus 123, MultiPlan, Plan Perfect, HTML, CSV, etc. Create/edit SVG File Format, import TIFF, PNG, etc.
- Write Word, RTF, HTML, XHTML, ASCII, PalmDoc, many more. Write Excel, PDF, HTML, XML, CSV and Data Interchange Format, etc. Write SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) File Format and export to PNG files, etc.
- On the fly spell checking, Style Sheets, Multiple language support Comprehensive function suite, data analysis tools, data consolidation, plug-ins Features transparency and gradients, opacity controls and object manipulation
- Multiple columns, page numbering, word count, unlimited undos, search and replace Flexible cell formatting, multiple undos, graphs & charts, search and replace Bezier paths, free hand drawing, selection tools, shape tools text and much more
- Gnucash 2.2.1
- Diagram 0.96.1
- Gimp 2.2.17 (optional)
- Import Quicken Interchange Format (QIF), Quicken Transfer File (QFX), etc. Create/edit Diagram files, etc.. Create/edit Photoshop* (with layers), TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc. files
- Write Gnucash files and export to HTML files, etc. Write Diagram files and export to EPS, DXF, SVG, PNG, etc. files Write Photoshop* (with layers), TIFF, JPEG, PNG, etc. files
- Track bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses symbols with reports and stats Built in flowchart, network, civil, and electric symbols, with rapid diagram development tools Complete image manipulation tools, filters, plug-ins, text, effects
- Print your own checks and it is as intuitive to use as a checkbook register Selection tools, Layers, basic drawing and shapes, objects easily connect and can be moved Powerful image automation, see our Gimp Page for more details
Complete with online help, documentation, limited-support, configured source code and much more!
Please take a look at our Screenshot Gallery to see our Office in action.
Our standalone OpenOSX Office application contains the following software packages (see our Gimp page for more Gimp information):
- AbiWord 2.4.6 Gnumeric 1.7.11 Diagram 0.96.1 Inkscape 0.45
- Gnucash 2.2.1 GnomeDB 3.0.0 GLib 2.12.12 Python 2.4.3
- Gnome Themes 2.6.2 Guile 1.6.8 GTK+ 2.10.12 Perl 5.8.8
- Goffice 0.4.2 Freetype 2.3.5 Libbonobo 2.18.0 ORBit2 2.14.7
- Cairo 1.4.6 GTK Spell 2.0.11 GnomePrint 2.18.0 Freetype 2.1.7
- Pango 1.16.4 Libgda 3.0.1 Atk 1.19.1 Gnome vfs 2.18.1
- Complete software list
Requires Mac OS X 10.4 or greater with Apple X11.
Compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
- Office Instant* Download
- Office CD
- Office 6-month CD Subscription
- (read this before buying)
- (plus shipping)
- (plus one time shipping charges with Instant* Download)
- *During normal operating conditions most orders are processed in realtime and approved orders gain immediate access to the product download
For more information about: AbiWord visit www.abisource.com, Gnumeric: www.gnumeric.org, Gimp: www.gimp.org, Gnome: www.gnome.org.
OpenOSX is a trademark owned by OpenOSX. *Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation, *Photoshop is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Inc, all other trademarks are owned by their repsective owners.